Building Regulations set the standards for the design and construction of buildings, to ensure the safety and health of people that use them. They also include requirements for fuel or power to be conserved and facilities for people, (including those with disabilities).
If you are a property owner it is important to ensure that all work carried out on your development complies with current Building Regulations. Approval is required for most building work in the UK and this includes new builds, loft conversions, extensions, alterations and residential conversions.
Get Planning and Architecture recommends a full set of plans with the application, in order to ensure you get a certificate of compliance for Building Regulations prior to commencing construction work. Our team have successfully completed hundreds of building regulations applications across the UK and we are highly experienced in dealing with Local Authority Building Control Departments, as well as private building inspectors, (known as ‘Approved Inspectors’.
Our Building Regulations service typically includes:
- Accepting the brief and reviewing the client’s requirements
- Visiting the site to undertake a dimensional survey
- Assisting with the appointment of other consultants if required (E.g. structural engineer, party wall surveyor
- Liaising with other consultants as required
- Drawing up a detailed design package to demonstrate building regulations compliance, including 1:50 layouts, cross sections and explanatory notes
- Submission of a draft application to the client for comment
- Incorporation of client’s comments, finalisation and application to the Council’s building control department, (BCO), or an Approved Inspector (AI)
- Respond to any comments by the BCO/AI to comply with requirements of the Building Regulations
- Issue written confirmation of compliance from the BCO or AI