Our Planning Service
Get Planning and Architecture are RTPI Chartered Town Planners integrated with an RIBA chartered architecture practice and we have an excellent track record of delivering projects in London and beyond.
Chartered Town Planners, having met the highest standards of education, are accountable to an independent Code of Professional Conduct which underpins membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
There are many benefits to appointing Chartered Town Planners and it is important to ensure you hire the right professional for your project. Planning is not a ‘protected profession’: anyone, from Architects and Surveyors to home improvement companies may claim to offer planning services. By hiring chartered planning consultants however you will receive advice which is ‘quality assured’ by the Royal Town Planning Institute, the professional body for planning.
Planning consultants work with their clients, stakeholders and the Local Planning Authority involved in granting planning permission. Their knowledge and expertise ensures that your home improvement project, or commercial development, gets the support it needs to optimise opportunities to gain vital planning permission.
Chartered Town Planning consultants:
- provide accurate, impartial and cost-effective professional planning advice to ensure their client’s planning applications receive a smooth journey through an often expensive and complex planning process
- offer a fresh, independent approach to solving complex planning issues
- understand how to add value and get the most for their clients from the planning system
- build effective relationships with the Local Planning Authority, community and others affected by their clients planning applications
- must hold appropriate professional indemnity insurance
Below are the examples of the services we can provide:
- advice, preparation and submission of planning applications and formal pre-application processess
- appeals against refusal of planning permission
- advice on potential development opportunities through site appraisals and development feasibility studies
- dealing with planning conditions, ‘Prior Approval’ applications, Conservation Area consents and Listed Buildings applications
- dealing with enforcement notices and Certificates of lawfulness
Smarter Planning Champion
We have been designated as a Smarter Planning champion by the Planning Portal. This confirms our commitment to follow best practice guidelines when submitting planning applications.
Why should I hire a Chartered Planner?
The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) advises the benefits of hiring a Chartered Town Planner are:
- Providing accurate, impartial and cost-effective professional planning advice to ensure their client’s planning applications receive a smooth journey through an often expensive and complex planning process.
- Offering a fresh, independent approach to solving complex planning issues.
- Understanding how to add value and get the most for their clients from the planning system.
- Building effective relationships with the Local Planning Authority, community and other affected by their clients planning applications.
- Holding professional indemnity insurance, protecting them and their client.
- Direct instructions to Barristers, without their client having to use a solicitor as an intermediary.
Our Architectural Service
Get Planning and Architecture offer a high level of professional service in both Town Planning and Architecture and this is supported by our twin accreditation as a Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Chartered Practice and as Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Chartered Town Planners. We will apply ‘joined-up’ planning and architectural thinking and endeavour not only to fully understand your objectives but also to keep them in mind throughout the project.
We have a proven track record in designing both residential and commercial projects and our highly qualified team will work with you to ensure your project is well laid out and detailed and that the finished product meets your brief.
As a chartered practice we can provide a range of services. For a building project, these include:
- investigating the feasibility of the project
- developing design proposals
- applying for statutory approvals
- preparing design and construction information
- obtaining tenders for building work
- administering a building contract
Below are some of the types of project where we have proven successes in built residential architecture:
- New houses
- Conversions of houses to flats
- Extensions and loft conversions
- Garages, leisure buildings and home offices
- Swimming pools
- Roof terraces & balconies
Types of project with which we have a proven track record in commercial planning and architecture include:
- Shop and factory extensions
- Health clubs, gyms and spas
- Garages and MOT stations
- Medical, health & therapy centres
- Extensions and alterations to hotels
- Office refurbishments
- Blocks of flats
What is a RIBA Chartered Practice?
The award of our chartered status by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) confirms that they have recognised our implementation of effective business performance, quality assurance and a commitment to excellence in design and service delivery. Only architectural practices that meet a strict eligibility criteria can register as an RIBA Chartered Practice.
All Chartered Practices
- employ a required number of individual RIBA Chartered Architects;
- have appropriate Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- have an effective Quality Management system;
- have comprehensive Health and Safety and Environmental policies in place;
- are committed to excellence in design and customer service.
RIBA chartered practices are the only practices to be endorsed and promoted by the Royal Institute of British Architects.
A RIBA chartered practice adds value as we will supply you with much more than just the drawings for your project, whether it is a design for your home or your business or a master plan for future developments. We will work with you so that you can be fully involved in creating a tailored solution for your requirements. As a chartered practice we have the experience to see your project safely through design, the planning and building regulations, and construction to completion. A sound working relationship between you and our highly qualified and experienced team will contribute significantly to the success of a project. Time spent in preliminary discussion about the requirements, the timetable, the budget, and the nature and cost of professional resources required and their cost, is time well spent.
Appointing a RIBA Chartered Architect ensures that they;
- have satisfied the stringent standards of educational qualifications and practice experience required for chartered membership of the RIBA;
- are committed to the shared professional and learned values of the RIBA;
- have maintained professional standards in practice through compliance with the RIBA’s mandatory requirements for continuing professional development (CPD);
- have access to the extensive knowledge base of the RIBA.